Friday, March 20, 2009

Yellowstone Park

One of my best memories of a trip is the one we took to Yellowstone Park. We camped and had a great time there. Mom cooked on a little coleman stove. We had a bonfire at night because it gets cold up in the mountains in the evening. We pitched a tent and that is where mom and dad slept. Us girls slept in the car. Dad had put the middle and the back seats down so we had a nice bed. We didn't have to worry about the bears either because the bears couldn't get to us in the car (or so we thought). It made us feel safe to believe that, so that is what was important. I worried some that the bears would get mom and dad in their tent but they reassured me that they were safe. We did have to tie our ice chest up in a tree at night so it wouldn't attract any hungary bears.

The last morning we were there, we took the tent down and loaded up all our stuff and went to see the geysers and mudpots. Old Faithful spurted on time and the mudpots stunk something awful----like sulpher or rotten eggs. When we were at the steaming water I asked my dad if it was really hot, thinking it could be fog or something else coming up off of it. He told me to stick a finger in there and check for myself. Of course it was hot alright!!

When we were finished touring the park we left and went off to another point of our vacation. I can't remember where we went next.

3 comments:

  1. i didn't know you camped a bunch until we saw the slides. and i bet you guys were nice and toasty in the car. did you put you finger in the steaming water, or did you take your dad's word for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a guess! Of course I put my finger in there!! It was hot! Kids like me have to see for themselves. (It wasn't hot enough to burn me).

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i would never put my finger in a pot of boiling water even if it did not burn me.

    ReplyDelete