Monday, March 23, 2009

Back to School

It seems I was just about as excited to go back to school in the fall, as I was to get out for the summer. I had a lot of friends that I didn't see all summer and was excited to get back together with them. Also my Bluebirds/Camp Fire Girls didn't meet in the summer and I really liked going to my meetings again.

We always had a few new dresses, going to private school the girls all had to wear dresses. Mom would take us school clothes shopping every fall and get each of us three new dresses. We of course still had some dresses that still fit us from before, plus sometimes we got a couple of hand me downs. I loved getting some of the dresses that Kathy once wore, I really liked them. I even tried to talk mom in to the fact that they fit me, when they were still too big for me. We also always got a pair of saddle oxfords, black and white leather shoes. When us girls would complain or try to talk her into another kind of shoe she would say that the oxfords "wore well".

We didn't have backpacks, we had notebook binders that would hold a few books and zipped shut all the way around three sides. It had inside pockets for various supplies and had the rings for three hole notebook paper. We also got our spiral notebooks, new pens, pencils and erasers ect. I loved new school supplies, before I could messy them up!

3 comments:

  1. there's just something about the first day of school, huh? new outfit, new school supplies, new start. i always loved the first day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brings back a bit of melonchaly. How do you spell melonchaly anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the correct spelling for melancholy. Nothing quite compared to the first day of school!

    ReplyDelete