Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Dad's poison ivy

In my flying frog story last week, I talked about Aunt Vivy's large house and the wrap around porch and how much I loved it there. My little sis Michelle reminded me of somethng I had forgot--that is the house my dad grew up in. Well, mom and dad lived there for a little while after they were married. He got a bad case of poison ivy, between his waist and his thighs! One night it was itching and bothering him real bad so he told mom to pour some chlorine bleach on it, thinking that would dry it up. Well, what it did was burn like crazy, so he started running (naked) around and around the house to create a breeze! Everytime he would run past my mom he would yell "blow, Lu, blow". Mom, of course thought this was hilarous although did feel sorry for dad for being so miserable. I'll bet he did look funny running round and around yelling at mom to "blow, Lu blow!!" Thank goodness it was such a small town with no real close neighbors, huh?

6 comments:

  1. This story is my all time favorite of Grandma and Grandpa. I can still hear Grandma laughing as she told that story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember this story at all, but that is hysterical! I got a great laugh out of it! Poor Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, one question... how did he get poison ivy "between his waist and thighs"??

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very good question, one that I never asked. Mom could barely get this one told she was laughing so hard "blow, Lu, blow!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. when i read this i was rolling on the floor laughing. hopefully i never have poison ivy like that

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you don't either Whit! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete