Sunday, March 22, 2009

California, There We Went!

One trip we took, we went all the way to California. We had a few relatives who lived in southern California to visit. There was dad's oldest sister Aunt Hazel, Uncle Christie and their son Charles. Their other son and his family, Guy and Carrie, lived out there also. I know we went out there at Christms time becaues I have some pictures of Christmas morning in their house.

I don't know exactly what year it was, but I know we went to Disneyland and it opened for the first time in July of 1955. We were probably there in '55, but might have been '56. All I really remember about Disneyland is that big castle by the entrance and riding on Dumbo the flying elephant. We went out and saw the Rose Parade Floats where they store them until parade day. Dad and mom liked this better than us girls, but that is okay. We also went to the San Diego Zoo while we were out there.

We took a tour boat out to Santa Catalina Island. That was a lot of fun. When you looked over the side of the boat, it looked like a whole lot of bubble bath!! Mom agreed with me that it did, but said I was making her very nervous looking over the side of the boat!! She kept ahold of the waist of my jeans all the while I was looking. Mom's are great for things like that!!

We also went out on a glass bottom boat, that was neat. We could see all the sea animals swim by underneath us.

All in all, it was a great trip. But then we never took a bad one, we always had a great time.

5 comments:

  1. You have been a busy blogger while we were out of town. All caught up now. Really enjoying the stories. Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will eventually run out of childhood stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disneyland any year is fun, but i bet the year it opened was especially fantastic! and the glass bottomed boat would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the glass bottom boat, it would be cool, but make me a bit nervous at the same time.

    ReplyDelete