Thursday, March 26, 2009

Soaky Eggs and the Cheerio Kid

Michelle loved cheerios. She ate them every morning even though she was always offered a variety of other choices. Not only were they good for breakfast, but she would eat them dry right out of the platic bowl. Mom called her the cheerio kid!

Although I liked cereal and ate it frequently, I don't remember having a favorite one. I liked cheerios too, but I also ate different kinds.

My favorite breakfast was an egg and toast. Mom would always ask me, "how do you want your egg today? I just about always said soaky. A soaky egg is one that the yolk is runny and good for dunking your toast in. The yolk "soaks" up. Of course the top of the egg yolk had to be white, which meant splashing a little bit of hot grease on it. Certainly not by turning it over! I guess you could call it a soaky egg with it's eye shut. lol

3 comments:

  1. LOl. Growing up egg & toast was one of my favorite breakfast meals too. Although I would always have a scrambled egg, instead of the soaky egg with it's eye shut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love soaky eggs too. must be genetic. except i don't fry it. I poach it. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still fix soaky eggs! I don't fry them either.

    ReplyDelete