Friday, March 27, 2009

Kathy's Room

When dad built on the addition to the house, he put Kathy's new bedroom directly behind Michelle's and mine. She had to come through our room to get to hers. They did it that way because they didn't want Kathy way out in the back of the house away from the rest of us. The other option would have been to have her door open up into the rec (recreation) room. She would have been pretty much closed off by herself back there.

Her room was off limits to Michelle and me, unless she invited us in. She had been ill and needed her quiet private space. Michelle and I respected this and left her alone.

Once in awhile, Kathy would let me sleep in her bed with her. This was really a big thing to me. Afterall, she was my big sister and I looked up to her. She was, and still is, very precious to me. The three of us sisters are still very close.

4 comments:

  1. I did not realize Kathy had been ill as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're learning all kinds of things from this blog aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Kathy got better. These are the kind of sweet memories I hope my own kids will have with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids will have a ton of sweet memories!!

    ReplyDelete