Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Clothesline

Although we had an automatic washing machine once we got to Wichita, we did not have a clothes dryer. We had clotheslines outside, I think there were five lines tied to the poles. I was always embarrassed to have our underwear hanging outside for everyone to see. Well to begin with, everyone couldn't see them because they were in the backyard. Our backyards were bordered by our neighbors backyards as usual. Whenever it was my turn to hang out the laundry I would put the linens on the outside lines and then hang all of our underwear on the inside lines. I thought that was a much better way of doing things. This was several years before we got the 6' redwwod fence.

4 comments:

  1. makes sense to me. i'd hang the underwear on the inside too! lol i love clothelines. we don't have one but should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what I miss most about a clothesline is how the sheets smell after being out in the fresh air and sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh that would be so embarassing if someone saw my undies.Especially if a boy saw them EEEEk.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I hung them between the sheets because i thought the same thing you did!

    ReplyDelete