Monday, March 30, 2009

Our Ice Skating Rink

One winter Michelle and I and the two girls next door went to the creek (canal) and it was frozen over. We were sliding around on it and having a great time. All of a sudden though, the ice started cracking. The two friends were right by the sides of the creek and were able to get out quickly. Michelle and I were in the middle when the ice broke and we fell in. It was freezing cold as you could imagine! We couldn't climb out of the canal because it was so slippery. The girls on the bank were trying their best to pull us out but their feet kept slipping too. They finally did get me pulled out and the older friend and I were able to get Michelle out.

Needless to say, we were so cold and yet didn't want to go home because we thought we would be in big trouble. When we got home mom just put us in a nice warm bathtub--oh that felt so good. Neither one of us remember getting punished for that at all, I think mom just said something like you shouldn't have been over there in the first place.

3 comments:

  1. That would be pretty scary for a kid, and then to have to go home to warm up and know you might get in trouble. What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to hand it to me, I liked adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember hearing about this one. Glad it all worked out.....or I would not be here. :-)

    ReplyDelete