Thursday, March 5, 2009

My little Michelle

Michelle has been left out of most of these little stories because for most of them so far she was just our precious little baby sister. Even in later years she was still so young that she wasn't involved in a lot of our shenanigans. Once she got up around three or four I started playing with her more. Kathy by then was getting to the age that she didn't want to play the same things as I did. I would play card games and boardgames with Kathy, but most everything else soon became mostly Michelle and me.

Michelle was such an easy going little girl. She didn't even care if I Koochie Koood her. In fact her and I use to play tickle a lot. One time we had been wrestling around a little on the floor and I got up and sat astraddle of her. I was tickling her real good---I loved to hear her little laugh!! She was laughing so hard that she finally yelled, "Stop, stop---you'r gonna make me wet my pants." It was so funny.(By the way I did stop and let her up!)

We loved to play dress up. Mom would give us a few of her older dresses, belts, scarves and accessories. Back then you didn't go to Walmart and buy dress up clothes!!! In fact there was no Walmart anyway! We would be walking around the house in mom's high heel shoes and these long dresses pulled up and cinched in at the waist so we wouldn't trip.

I have several more tales about Michelle and I but don't want to put it all in this one little tale.

3 comments:

  1. You talking about tickling Michelle until she could not take it anymore reminds me of something when I was a kid. We were at Grandma and Grandpa's house on DD and I was at that age that I did not want my Aunts kissing on me. Of course, that just made them want to do it more and more. So you, Kathy and Michelle chased me down, tackled me and pinned me to the living room floor where you proceeded to give me kisses. Blech.

    Now of course, I am older and wiser. I welcome any kisses my wonderful Aunts wish to give me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that too. You just couldn't fight off all three of us---and you were such a little toughie it took all three of us to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Michelle got a turn to play with you too! I've watched that same phenominon in each of my girls. They would all play with each one, but they'd play different things, according to age. If Taylor wants to paint some nails and do hair, she needs to find Hannah. If she wants to watch a DVD or go for a run, she takes Amanda. If she wants to do a craft or go shopping, Sarah's the one.

    ReplyDelete