Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cecilia Pearson

I had done this story some time ago and then deleted it because I didn't think it was something anyone would necessarily want to read. However, I was telling the story to my daughter Laura while we were driving back to Oklahoma on Monday. She seemed to get a kick out of it so who knows, maybe someone else will too.

When I was six years old and in the first grade, I had a best friend named Cecilia Pearson. We were as close as two peas in a pod. The teacher learned very early in the school year not to sit me near Cecilia because I already was a bit too chatty in class and was in trouble for it quite often. We sat beside each other on the bus and played together at recess. Even though she only lived a few blocks up our street, we were too little to go to each others houses unless our mom's drove us or walked us. We were able to get together a lot though, sometimes we would have sleepovers, we called it a slumber party even though it was just her and I. Come to think of it we didn't stay up very late either like some slumber parties do. We played a lot on my swingset and in the summer we would run through water sprinklers or get in our little wading pool. We were buddies alright!!!!

Cecilia had her blonde hair fixed in ringlets. She always looked so sweet.

Then one day, TROUBLE! I got on the school bus and Cecilia was sitting with a girl named Paula!
I certainly didn't like Paula horning in between Cecilia and me. In fact it really hurt my feelings, or made me mad (probably both). I was telling mom about it when I got home from school because mom knew a lot about fixing problems. She suggested that the next morning to just ask them if all three of us could be friends. How simple is that? Not to six year old. So I took mom's advice and guess what? It worked!! From then on the three of us were best friends. At the end of the school year Cecilia's dad got transferred to Salina and I never saw her again. I was so sad. But at least I still had Paula!! lol

4 comments:

  1. Mom's are so smart! lol I wonder where Cecilia Pearson is now??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me of me and my friend Cali Haasch (ha sh) always with eachother.I would walk home with her every Thursday. Cali was a grade younger but we were in a combo so we were in the same class. She still goes to my school but I don't talk to her much

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just like me.my best friend Samantha is moving too.She is moving to California this monday which is tomorrow:{By the way great story.

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you will miss her just like I missed Cecilia.

    ReplyDelete