Friday, March 6, 2009

School morning wake up call

We had to get up a little earlier than most kids because mom and dad both worked. We needed to be up, cleaned up, dressed and fed before mom and dad left for work. They left about a half hour before we needed to go to the bus stop.

Dad was our "waker upper" while mom started some breakfast. I loved dad being the "waker upper" because of the way he did it. He would come in and gently shake us to rouse us a little, and we would automatically roll over to lay on our tummies. Then he would give us a little backrub, oh wow--to be woke up every school day morning with a little back massage. When he was finished and would start going toward Michelle to give her's to her, I would moan, "just a little more daddy!" Sometimes he would give me just a little more, and sometimes he would give me a gentle pop on the behind and tell me to "get up now and get your teeth brushed and your face washed. "

Once that was all done, we would go out and eat some breakfast. Then off to get dressed and fix our hair. Right before they left for work they would check that we had all our things together to take to school---books, homework, lunches ect. When Michelle was younger they took her with them and drove her to the sitter's (Eunie's) house. As she got older she of course walked to the bus stop with Kathy and I. You can sure bet that nothing was going to happen to our baby sister with both of us watching out for her!!

4 comments:

  1. Funny.....that is how Tracy wakes Whitney up......with gentle rubs of the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tat's a nice way to be woken up my mom just stands by my door and talks loudly at me to wake me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thae last comment was from Sarah this is Sarah it just shows up as my mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually I just yell at them to get their buns outta bed. Maybe I should work on that! LOL

    ReplyDelete