Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Playing with my sisters

I loved playing with my sisters most of the time. lol With Kathy, I mostly recall playing board games and a lot of outdoor games. That is where all the softball, dodgeball, kickball, kick the can and those type of games I mentioned in my earlier blog came in. We had so much fun playing outside together and with the neighborhood kids. We loved the high jump that dad made for us and riding our bikes together. We also did a lot of roller skating and hula hooping.

In the winter, all three of us would have so much fun out in the snow doing the same things that kids of today do. We had a sled that had wood slats for the top and had rudder type blades connected to the bottom . We had a great hill down about half a block from us---it was a nice long hill just perfect for sledding. It was a whole lot more fun going down the hill than walking back up!! We also had snowball fights---one day we were having a snowball fight with three brothers that lived across the street and I don't remember exactly what happened but Kathy got so mad and was crying and dad came out and got all over the boys. He told them that from now on they are to stay on their side of the street and we would stay on ours. Our hero came to the rescue again!!!

Other than outside games, Michelle and I mostly played with our dolls. In fact I played dolls probably a year longer than most girls my age because I really had fun doing it. I felt kind of guilty because I knew I was really to old to be playing with dolls. I told Michelle that if she told any of our friends that I played with dolls that I wouldn't play it with her anymore. She didn't tell and we kept playing.

Michelle and I also liked playing with paper dolls. We found that we liked making our own better than the store bought ones. We would take an old catalog and look through it for our "cute kids" and good looking parents. We would cut them out and have quite a family!! We played for hours doing this---what fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Funny thing is that many of those things are the same thing kids do today, but others are lost arts, like dodgeball, kickball and kick the can. Of course, kids are always up for a good old snow ball fight. Thank goodness for dads, huh?

    ReplyDelete