Monday, June 8, 2009

George

Laura's first baby doll was a little rubber doll, with arms, legs and a head that would move. There was no added hair---it was of the rubber also. This little doll came with a diaper, and was wrapped in a pretty little pink blanket--it even came with a bottle to feed the baby with. No it did not really drink anything and didn't go potty. She just loved this doll so much. When asked what she was going to name her dolly she said "his" name is "George". She had decided right off that if the doll had no hair it must be a boy. I don't know where or how she came up with that name because we didn't know anyone named George except my dad. She may have heard my mom call my dad George and just remembered it. Who knows, doesn't matter, his name is George. lol

Through the years she received several more dolls, but George remained her favorite. She got a Raggedy Ann doll that she didn't necessarily want, in fact she didn't even like it. "I" liked it and thought she should have one. She did have one ragdoll similar to Raggedy Ann that was a blonde with a blue dress on. She played with this one okay but not Raggedy. She did get another doll she just loved also, it was her Baby Crissy. Baby Crissy was a beautiful redhead (baby doll) and you could make her hair grow and put it back short. However, George remained her all time favorite.

2 comments:

  1. I still remember George. I don't know why I didn't keep him. Where is George now? I also remember Baby Crissy, of course, and Raggedy Ann. I sure loved my baby dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would imagine that you gave them away. Yes you really loved your dolls.

    ReplyDelete