Monday, June 8, 2009

Bedtime and the Orange Crayon

When we were moving to San Francisco from Minot we decided not to take Laura's crib. We figured that it wouldn't be long before she would be going into a big girl bed anyway. Dave's folks put the crib up in their attic, awaiting any future nieces or nephews.

Danny had some bunkbeds that we bought for him in Minot. Laura used her crib through that year. We bought her a bed when we got to San Francisco. Most people would have bought the nearly two year old a youth bed or a single bed. We decided to get her a double bed so if she wanted to have a friend sleep over (in the future) there would be enough room. We also had a bed for any overnight guests we may have.

Laura was so little she couldn't even get up into her bed. We had to lift her up on it when we went to tuck her in. One night when Dave and I were going to bed, we found her sleeping on the rug beside her bed. She was so darned cute. She obviously had gotten out of bed for something and then couldn't get back up.

Whenever it was Laura's naptime, I would put the safety gate across her bedroom door. She would just call me when she was finished napping. One day she seemed to be "sleeping" quite a bit longer than usual so I went up to check on her. She was a very busy baby girl, she had an orange crayon and had colored lots and lots of squiggles and loops all over the back of her bedroom door. This artwork was from as high as she could reach, clear on down to the floor. I had her help me clean it up and she never colored on anything she wasn't suppose to again. It seems to me that I also put her crayons up a little higher. lol

3 comments:

  1. I always knew she was the troublemaker and I was the perfect kid! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I had that same bed up until I graduated. you got your money's worth on that one, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we sure did and it was still good until a few little girls turned it into a trampoline.

    ReplyDelete