Saturday, June 6, 2009

Danny's Second Set of Stitches

I had to go back and re-title a post in May that I had said was his second set of stitches. The one with the cut on the knee in his pool was his third set of stitches. This is the second set--- a cut above his left eyebrow while we were living with Kathy in St. Louis. We had taken Darren for a checkup to his pediatrician. Danny was sitting and playing around at a little table and chair set in the waiting room. He slipped off of the chair and hit his head on the edge of the table. Now one would think that since it happened in a pediatrician's office, that he could fix it right? Wrong!! He wasn't equipped to do stitches so we had to take him to a nearby hospital emergency room.

So my little fellow had three sets of stitches by the age of five. I was within a few feet of him for two of the accidents above his eyes (the first set was up close to his hairline). There is just no way you can prevent an accident like that from happening. When he got the cut to the knee, I was inside the house with Laura but could see the kids playing in the water.

So now the saga of Danny's stitches has been straightened out. Maybe these three accidents were a premonition to future accidents---ya' think?

6 comments:

  1. It is a wonder I survived childhood. LOL. Were those the only 3? I don't recall anymore, although I do remember about every bone in my body was exrayed at some point or another.

    As for that scar at my hairline......There is no hairline there now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes there were only three sets of stitches but numerous x-rays---that is coming in a later post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He had to get it all out of him before he became an adult because frankly I don't want to spend all my time in the emergency room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He played sports with all the gusto he could muster, he especially liked baseball (they are real hard!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. funny that i never had a set of stitches or any broken bones. I don't think I ever needed an x-ray either, and I played soccer and softbal and was very active. What's up with that??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you just didn't have the inner gusto and drive that he had. OR quite possibly he was accident proned.

    ReplyDelete