Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Allergies

It was around this time that Danny came in from playing outside with a swollen face. You couldn't see his nose at all except the nostrils. Under his eyes and across his upper face were all puffed up as if he had been beaten on. Keep in mind now that this is after three sets of stitches and having a t-shirt torn off of him at school (and he was only six or seven years old). My first response was "who has been beating on your face!" When the answer was no-one, I loaded him up and took him to the emergency room. It was an allergy reaction and he was given some medication that helped a lot. We had him tested and he was allergic to just about all grasses and weeds---with the real culprit being fresh mowed grass.Even though he wasn't tested for it, he was/is allergic to cats also. He would mess with and play with any and all cats or kittens his friends might have. He would come home with his face all swollen up again. I still can't imagine that the pleasure of playing with a cat is worth having your face swell up. I never have liked cats anyway

4 comments:

  1. I never liked cats either, so can't explain that one. But hard to skip time outside with weeds and grass when you are as active as i was. Luckily, the worst of it disappeared in my college years. Still don't like cats much though. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kittens are so cute, but I hate cats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that kid gave you a run for your money, huh? good thing I wasn't any trouble at all, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't go that far, but he had a lot more ailments and injuries than you did. He kept me on the run(to emergency rooms).

    ReplyDelete