Sunday, May 3, 2009

Blue Bonnet Beauty Academy

On the first day, while I was walking to school, I was a bit nervous and apprehensive. I think most people are their first day of a new experience. I was walking with a small group of girls that were going for their first day also so that helped a lot. When I got there, I was given a small blue suitcase full of supplies that I would need to fix hair and give manicures. I was also given a book to use during classes.

I would have preferred just hands on learning, just being shown how to do it. Well it does not work that way and I knew it wouldn't, but I could still prefer it. We would have a few hours of class studies and then we would practice doing hair on "dummy heads". They were like rubber mannequins like you see in stores except it was just the head. They were attached to a clamp that would hook right on to our desks. We curled and styled these heads just as we would do people except we couldn't give them a haircut. We would put their hair in rollers and put their heads on a shelf under a dryer. I much preferred this to the book. The book was boring and had so much stuff in there that we would never use. The chapters I particularly didn't like were on electricity and chemicals. I learned it okay, I just didn't like it!

2 comments:

  1. Like I tell my kids, It doesn't matter if you like it. You have to do well in it anyway! lol Seriously though, the head thing sounds kind of fun. A little creepy, maybe, but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have made a good halloween prop anyway.

    ReplyDelete